14. Sep, 2020

Text

A survivor of WWII bombings is the former Royal Naval Hospital designed by William Pilkington, begun in 1806 and opened in 1811. Consisting of four colonnaded blocks around a courtyard, it long served as a naval psychiatric hospital before being transferred to the NHS in 1958. After its closure in 1993, the buildings were turned into private residences.